Skip to main content

What strange weather we're having . . .

Oh, dear goodness I am exhausted. I just had a very full weekend and tomorrow is gonna be super packed too. However, I felt as though I needed to write something, and so here I am. For lack of a better topic- or maybe I'm just so out of it right now I don't have enough mental strength to think that hard- it's time for the awkward small talk about the weather.

Well, I mean, hopefully it's not that awkward. But it is actually about the weather. The weird thing though, is that in Waynesburg, the weather takes on a deeper meaning than small talk; it is an actual topic of concern, dismay, and confusion to all who experience it. The only thing that is predictable about Waynesburg weather is Rain Day, a day upon which almost every year, it rains. Oh, and if I recall correctly, last year it didn't. So there you go.

For instance, I'll tell you about this past week. Thursday, I was wearing a cute t-shirt top, a little skirt and flip flops. It was beautifully sunny all day, with a warm wind blowing (granted, that bit was a little unfortunate, due to my attire. Seriously felt like Marilyn Monroe.). I walked around, carrying my flower-accessorized flip flops rather than wearing them, smiling into the sun, dancing a little and singing to myself. That evening, while waiting for choir rehearsal to start, I found myself and two choir friends at the top of the chapel steps, barefoot, a lovely breeze tossing my hair, serenading Bri with "Dream a Little Dream of Me," and then waltzing with Laura. It was SO beautiful out.

The day was a little like this:

 (Plus, everyone needs a little Frank Sinatra in their life.) <3 

Or This:

Sitting here, desperately wanting to spazzy-dance, except for my roommate could come back any second. 


Saturday, I was wearing a sweater. -_-

I must be tired; I'm over here pretty much dying of laughter. I'm aware it's only vaguely 
relevant, but I'm kinda thrilled I could slip this in. Hehe. 

Now don't get me wrong, I love sweaters. They are probably one of my favorite articles of clothing; they're so soft and cuddly and cozy and when I'm wearing them I just wanna sit by a fireplace and sip a cup of tea. But there is a time and a place, and the flipping middle of April is not it. I can honestly roll with whatever weather comes about. I mean, I'm not sure I'd be cool with  natural disasters and the like, but rain and snow and wind and sun and stuff. I can find plus sides and rock out to whatever, I'd just prefer to not to have my entire weather schema blown out of the water in the process.

I'd have been fine with rain- warm rain, mind you- because that stuff is seriously a blast. I can go all  "Singin' in the Rain" and go outside and splash around. But no. It just got cold. Again.

You didn't actually expect me to make that reference and not show it, did you?  

It took till the first couple of weeks of April before I felt it was safe to put away my snow boots. I just sent most of my sweaters home with my Dad, but I'm debating whether that was really a wise choice. I guess I'll find out.  One day I could be outside doing homework/trying to tan my paleness away, wearing a tank top and shorts, and the very next be all bundled up. Seriously, Waynesburg? Seriously? Kinda givin' me whiplash.

Sometimes the best thing to do is wear a tank top, covered by a t-shirt, covered by a hoodie, and depending on the day, covered by a coat. As the day goes on, just peel off the unnecessary layers. Not even kidding, this has happened.

So basically, if ever you visit this little town, pack accordingly. And by accordingly, I mean for any possible weather scenario, no matter what time of year it happens to be.

Well, there's that. I'm feeling as though it's not actually that interesting of a topic now that I'm actually seeing it... hmm, well I apologize for that. At least there's lots of random video clips (my sleep-deprived and easily amused mind just couldn't resist.)

OH! Also, for some reason, I just keep getting urges to waltz, no matter where I happen to be at the time. Like on the chapel steps as I was saying earlier, while I was at West Coast Swing practice, during intermission for my choir concert, while I was waiting to start a ceremony today, when I notice that a song I'm hearing could potentially be a waltz, while working in the library and no one is around(I checked), etc. I don't actually know if that's relevant  especially not to the weather, although perhaps the extra vitamin D I've been getting has put me in a waltz-y mood.

(Like So:

Who doesn't love Rogers and Hammerstein? OOH! new post idea! That's totally happening. )

Well, that's all I have for now. Haha, hope you enjoyed it. Ya know, got a little prep for if you're ever in Waynesburg. Have a splendid day, dears, and try to enjoy the weather, whatever it may be. : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okay, so it's not so bad

Okay, so I realize that my last post was kind of whiny and sad. I legitimately did not mean to make my roommate feel bad about leaving me all alone, so sorry about those things. After about two weeks of Pittsburgh, I think I'm feeling a little better about the whole thing, though. And also I'm still kind of a little hermit who is starting to forget what the sun looks like, I've just read nearly two hundred pages of history homework, and so I've decided to spend some time blogging. Anyway. There are still some big cons to being here: I swear I can hear everything that happens outside this building, and the windows and doors are all completely shut, I checked. I can't hear other tenants, but that group of adolescent boys walking down the street and being generally ruckusy, I can hear them and the car alarm across the way clear as day. And also bus passes are freaking expensive and make me a sad person, especially since the whole job thing has not happened yet. But

Baby, It's Cold Outside

So originally I had another idea planned for post numero dos, however I have been otherwise inspired. : ) Why? Because it's snowing in Waynesburg, and for the first time this winter, it is sticking for more than a couple of hours, and there are actually several inches of the fluffy whiteness on the ground. I have a love-dislike relationship with snow. Or rather, I love snow, but I really dislike the one property that makes it a possibility, and that would be the cold. If snow could come without freezing my butt off, I would be unbelievably stoked. And a little concerned. But mostly stoked. Oh, and it's also not so great for those of us who have an issue walking straight normally. So yeah, it has its perks and its downsides, but who really wants something to be really fun and pretty if it doesn't also have the quality of making everyone's uncoordinated friends make a fool of themselves? I mean, elegance is awesome, but it's pretty great to know that it can add a

To start out with

So, I've thrown around the idea of starting a blog for some time now, and came to the conclusion that I never would. I thought, "Everyone and their five brothers has a blog, and despite the fact that they all hope people will read it, maybe two actually do and one of them is their Mom." As it turns out, for a class that I'm taking as a Creative Writing major, I am, in fact, required to start a blog. Guess I came to the wrong conclusion, there. Oh well, this could actually be kinda fun.  : ) I guess my first post should be a little bit about me, the author.  My name is Amber, and  as I mentioned, I am a creative writing major, and I am also double majoring in history. I know- I have made some seriously excellent choices for an economically sound future. You know that now you all want to go change your majors, and then we can all get together and have a community of box-dwelling authors who have deeply intelligent conversations about the influences of corn on the cu